Subscribe to Random Encounters

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Posts

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Comments Add to Technorati Favorites

What does subscribe mean?

Monday, November 24, 2008

Great Sanitation Workers

This morning was trash day in my neighborhood. My daughter always points out the sound of the garbage truck as she eats her breakfast and I always go to a window to watch it do its work around our cul-de-sac. Today when I got to the window I noticed that a trash bag had fallen out of the garbage can he had just emptied into the truck. I was curious as to what he would do about this. There was also some other pieces of trash that had spilled on the ground. Now in California on trash day it wasn't unusual to have some garbage flying around the streets in the wind because the trash man had lost a couple pieces and hadn't bothered to pick it up. Here in Kansas, people seem to be more friendly and responsible of their actions. As I watched him, he jumped out of his truck and threw the bag in the truck. He then proceeded to pick up all the other trash around the area that had fallen out of the can and threw it all in the truck. Now, he knows that his job isn't glorious. Luckily the truck does most of the dirty work, but I really appreciated this sanitation worker who took the time to get out of the truck and pick up the trasah he spilled to help keep my street looking nice and clean!


If you like this post consider Subscribing to my full feed

Related Posts

0 Comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=8aa537ac7ff0a81d4291cbad07500687