Subscribe to Random Encounters

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Posts

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Comments Add to Technorati Favorites

What does subscribe mean?

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Let's talk about Money

I know it is taboo or offensive to talk about money but why? There are some friends or even family members that I would love to know how much money they make, or what their bank balance is at. I wish I could just ask. When I was younger I used to think I could gage someone "rich meter" according to things. If they had multiple cars, a big house, went on a lot of vacations, or remodeled their house. I thought "things" were a sign of money. Now that I own a home and am living real life I find that this is not true. We are going on a lot of vacations this year and we are remodeling our house and I would not consider us to be rich. Plus with credit cards there seems to be an endless supply of money to those who don't really have the money to pay for it. Objects are deceiving as a "rich meter."

There are times when I feel depressed or jealous of how much money I THINK someone has. Keep in mind I haven't asked so I don't really know because we aren't allowed to do that. I also struggle with siblings or in laws that I THINK make more money than us or are going to school to become something that will make more money that we do. I hate feeling this way. I wonder if talking about money with those people would ease these feelings. I just want to talk about money. I wish we could change our culture so I could ask you: How much do you make??

Technorati Technorati tags: , ,


If you like this post consider Subscribing to my full feed

Related Posts

0 Comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=8aa537ac7ff0a81d4291cbad07500687