Subscribe to Random Encounters

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Posts

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Comments Add to Technorati Favorites

What does subscribe mean?

Monday, May 14, 2007

Original Characters

When it comes to movies and TV shows I am a fan of original characters. I hate it when there are sequels or the next season of a show and the original characters are replaced by "look a likes" and we are supposed to pretend it is the same person... I think not! I have really appreciated that sequels of movies I like have kept all the main characters the same. I would go so far to say that if the main characters won't come back then it is time for the movie to end. The example that comes to my mind is the Spider-man movies. I really like things the way they are with Kirsten Dunst and Toby Maguire. We have made it all the way to Spider-man 3 with the originals. I have heard talk that they said they would not come back if there was a fourth movie. My husband of course is routing for a fourth movie, but if the original people won't come back, then it's time for the movie to end.

Another movie that I have heard a lot about lately is High School Musical. There have been a lot of things that have sprouted from the movie. There is a High School Musical concert that you can see on Disney channel practically every weekend. They are now turning that first movie into an ice show. Here is where the problem lies: the original characters that made High School Musical the sensation it is, are not going to be on the ice, therefore, I predict it will be a flop. Everyone that loves that movie loves it for the people. The sequel to High School Musical comes out in August and I hope that all the original people are in it, otherwise that too will flop (although I think it won't be as good as the first no matter who is in it).

Maybe I'm just not one for change, but I can't sit back and enjoy a show when there is a replacement person. They can think the show will continue on just fine, but I think it really hurts things. What do you think? Do you feel like replacements are just as good as original, or do you prefer original characters like me?


If you like this post consider Subscribing to my full feed

Related Posts

0 Comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=8aa537ac7ff0a81d4291cbad07500687