Subscribe to Random Encounters

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Posts

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Comments Add to Technorati Favorites

What does subscribe mean?

Monday, March 19, 2007

Attention All In N Out Lovers


Living in California has many perks: the ocean, Disneyland, and my favorite, In N Out. We are very loyal In N Out customers. When ever we consider eating a hamburger from another restaurant we immediately think "why would we want that when we can have In N Out?" We frequently visit In N Out also. On our last visit we had a shocking experience. To some it may be no big deal, but for me it is a huge deal. We always order the same things whenever we go there: 2 hamburgers without onion, animal style fries and a side of spread. The side of spread is very important to my In N Out enjoyment. If there are fries lacking spread I have an extra cup of it to dip them in, I also love to put extra spread on my burger. Well on our last visit to In N Out the spread situation had change. Instead of giving you fresh spread in a plastic cup, they now hand you a refrigerated packet of spread. It is like how ketchup comes in a packet except it is three times the size. This was very disturbing to me. First of all I don't want to put freezing cold spread on my fries or burger, secondly how am I supposed to dip my fries now? I am not going to squirt my spread on a napkin and dip it that way, besides it isn't as thick as ketchup so that wouldn't work without making a huge mess. As soon as I got home from In N Out on Friday I brought up their website and emailed them straight away. So far I have only received an email saying "Thanks for comment on our new spread packets, I'll forward your concerns on to the product manager." So no resolution to the matter yet, but I will keep you posted. I would love to hear your comments about the new spread packet. Does it affect your In N Out experience? My husband is unaffected (other than how it affected me).

Side Note: Applebee's has also recently changed their fries, but that's a whole different rant!


If you like this post consider Subscribing to my full feed

Related Posts

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

I don't like 'em. As you pointed out, you can't easily dip your fries in the spread if it's not in a cup, and having it on top of the fries is messy if you're eating and driving at the same time. I tried ordering animal style fries for consumption in the car once, and let's just say I'm not going to be doing that again...

 
ss_blog_claim=8aa537ac7ff0a81d4291cbad07500687