Subscribe to Random Encounters

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Posts

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Comments Add to Technorati Favorites

What does subscribe mean?

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Pizza and Mug Shots

Here is the opening line from a Yahoo News article I read today:
Customers at some suburban pizza parlors are getting something extra with their pepperoni and mushrooms — wanted posters for parents accused of failing to pay child support.
First there were missing kids pictures on milk cartons and now there are wanted pictures on pizza boxes. That's just what I've always 'wanted' (I didn't even plan that) some criminals face staring back at me right before I dig into my pizza. The enforcement agency in Cincinnati that is implementing this decided that pizza boxes would be the best place to put the photos because "people running from the law don't eat out, they order pizza." I guess there are not many drive-thrus in Cincinnati or else my understanding of a criminal mind is not the same as those in Cincinnati. I know that child-support money is important for the children who receive it; but how affective is doing something like this? The article reports that the posters started appearing on the pizza boxes last August and since then it is led to one arrest. This is just one example of people trying "to help the kids who have a right to be supported."



If you like this post consider Subscribing to my full feed

Related Posts

0 Comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=8aa537ac7ff0a81d4291cbad07500687