Subscribe to Random Encounters

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Posts

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Comments Add to Technorati Favorites

What does subscribe mean?

Monday, March 19, 2007

Playing With Water Colors

I as fairly new parent I am always looking for clever ways of handling different parenting situations. One of my favorite places to look is Parent Hacks, "Daily parenting tips and ideas from the real experts -- actual parents."
LED faucet lightToday's parent hack was an LED faucet light "changes water color" when too hot. So basically you buy this faucet attachment for $20, and attach it to any faucet in your house, you'll have colored water. For normal water temperatures the water is 'blue' but when it reaches 89 degrees and above the water will be 'red'. ThinkGeek, the company that sells this, says this in their description, "Bored with water that doesn't look like futuristic alien mouthwash? Need to make your midnite bathroom appointments more exhilarating? Then you need to get the LED faucet light attachment from ThinkGeek.". With something like this brushing teeth time could become fun time!! If I had these at my house when I was little I could see me and my little brother racing our faucets to see who could get the water to be red the fastest. Another game parents could 'play with their kids' could be "can you brush all your teeth before the water turns red ?!?!"; and if you are worried about that time not being long enough, just adjust the hot water value under the sink so that when the hot and cold water are on full blast the cold water dominates for a longer period of time. On the side of safety this could really help your child be aware of the water being too hot, one suggestion along these lines is being able to help your older children draw their own bath and not be worried about the water being too hot.
Even if I didn't have kids I would still want this. With things like this out on the market I can see water bills growing bigger and bigger with every stop at the sink.



Technorati Technorati tags: , , ,


If you like this post consider Subscribing to my full feed

Related Posts

0 Comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=8aa537ac7ff0a81d4291cbad07500687