Subscribe to Random Encounters

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Posts

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Comments Add to Technorati Favorites

What does subscribe mean?

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Laser Keyboards

I once saw a TV show where someone used one of these keyboards to to access the internet through their PDA because the company did not allow its employees internet access. When I saw it I thought it was totally cool but figured it was one of those "made for TV" props. But according to Think Geek the Bluetooth Laser Virtual Keyboard is now a reality. Quoting the article:
"This tiny device laser-projects a keyboard on any flat surface... you can then type away accompanied by simulated key click sounds. It really is true future magic at its best."
I think it is so funny that it makes key clicking sounds, my digital camera does the same sort of thing making a shutter sound every time you take a picture; both unnecessary but provides that familiar sound.
I know how hard it is to enter more than a few words into my Palm, but with something like this I could see myself using it a lot more for a lot of different things. If computer companies could come up with a way of integrating this technology into a laptop, it could really reduce the overall thickness of the laptop itself, not to mention being wicked cool. If you think about it the keys on a keyboard have to have room to move up and down in order to be used but if you had a laser keyboard all you would need is a flat surface. Even though you can use the laser keyboard with your phone or PDA through Bluetooth, I am sure one day there will be phones and PDAs that have laser keyboards built in.



Technorati Technorati tags: , ,


If you like this post consider Subscribing to my full feed

Related Posts

0 Comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=8aa537ac7ff0a81d4291cbad07500687