Subscribe to Random Encounters

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Posts

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Comments Add to Technorati Favorites

What does subscribe mean?

Sunday, April 1, 2007

Star Wars Stamps

The United States Postal Service as announced a collection of 15 Star Wars Stamps, which includes images from a six movies that are apart of the Star Wars saga. The announcment was made at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles, where the first movie opened nearly 30 years ago. The images included in this collection are: Luke Skywalker; Han Solo and Chewbacca; Princess Leia Organa with R2-D2; C-3PO; Yoda; Queen Padmé Amidala; Obi-Wan Kenobi as seen in Episodes IV, V, and VI, Anakin Skywalker battling Obi-Wan Kenobi; Darth Vader; Emperor Palpatine; Darth Maul; Imperial Stormtroopers; Boba Fett; the Millennium Falcon; and an X-wing fighter. In addition the Post Office is ask people to vote for their favorite stamp in the set and the stamp that receives the most votes will honored with a single stamp sheet. You can vote here.
When I heard about this, I thought to myself I need to start mailing letters so I can use these stamps, but then I thought that I should just buy a sheet as a collector. Here is a quote from the unveiling ceremony that I thought was quite humorous:
Because of the movies’ popularity, we believe these stamps have the potential of reaching the blockbuster status of the Elvis stamp, a milestone only the Force could attempt to surpass. The Star Wars films have timeless qualities that cross generations, just like the United States Postal Service.
That last sentence is exactly how I see the USPS, but it's more like email is timeless because it doesn't take time to send.

Technorati Technorati tags: , ,


If you like this post consider Subscribing to my full feed

Related Posts

0 Comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=8aa537ac7ff0a81d4291cbad07500687