Subscribe to Random Encounters

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Posts

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Comments Add to Technorati Favorites

What does subscribe mean?

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Volvo S80: Luxury Comes with Interesting Features

I have seen a lot of commercials lately for the new Volvo S80, it looks like a really cool car with a lot of interesting features but some of these features concern me. Before I get in to that, here are some of the S80 features that I have always wanted in a car. With all the latest wireless technology, things like Bluetooth and WiFi, I have though to myself wouldn't it be cool if your car would lock as you walked away from the car and unlocked as you walked toward it. The new S80 keyless entry not only provides a button to unlock the doors but as you walk toward the car the keyless entry on your key chain in your pocket communicates with the car and unlocks the doors without having to push any buttons. It even goes further to continue to communicate with the car once you are inside allowing you to start the engine with the push of a button. The keyless entry pad still provides buttons for locking and unlocking the doors, opening the trunk, and setting off the alarm, but also includes an information button to check the status of the car, things like if the doors are locked or unlocked and if the alarm has gone off or not. Here is where things start to concern me; if the car alarm has gone off, there is a heart beat sensor inside the car that will let you know if there is someone inside, two flashing lights on the keyless entry pad next to the panic button let you know that some is inside your car.
I don't know about you but if I am going to spend almost $40,000 on a car, I would expect it to do a pretty good job preventing someone from breaking into it. And on top of that if someone did break into my $40,000 car I doubt he would be sitting inside waiting for me to show up, in fact he probably be driving it to the nearest chop shop. I am sure that the S80 has a good alarm system and all the engineers that designed the car did all they could to make the car as secure as possible, but I think that all the time and money used to develop this security feature could have been better spent on features that prevents someone from getting inside the car in the first place.

Technorati Technorati tags: , , ,




If you like this post consider Subscribing to my full feed

Related Posts

0 Comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=8aa537ac7ff0a81d4291cbad07500687