Subscribe to Random Encounters

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Posts

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Comments Add to Technorati Favorites

What does subscribe mean?

Sunday, January 7, 2007

On Broadway in New York City

Continuing on with the report of our family trip back east, on Saturday December 30 we spent the day in NYC! We had matinée tickets to see The Drowsy Chaperone so we toured New York before and after the show. In this first picture you can see the city setting up for New Years Eve. The 2007 sign was already up, and we saw them raising the ball on its poll.
This was an exciting sight, to see the theater where the Drowsy Chaperone is playing. We are all huge Sutton Foster fans and so we were very excited to see her perform in person. We were waiting at the stage door a little bit before the show hoping to see some of the actors. I have a brave brother in law and he decided to open the stage door to find out if Sutton was already there. It turns out that she was there but the stage door manager said we could come in and he called Julian, her dresser. While we were waiting for Julian to come we saw Bob Martin who wrote and starred in the show. That was VERY exciting. Julian came and we gave him CD covers for the show and I had a program for the show and he took them to have Sutton sign them. After the show we went back to the stage door and picked up our autographed souvenirs!! We were very excited. It was a great show! There was some inappropriate humor for my taste, but over all it was very thrilling!
I took this picture of the curtain before the show started since you aren't supposed to take pictures of the actual show.
This is a infamous Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center. We wanted to go ice skating but the lines were crazy long and we were short on time. It was exciting to see all the ice skaters, though, because we hadn't seen it before. Overall New York City was a wonderfully memorable time. Definitely one of the highlights of the trip! It was also special to see a Broadway show as a family.


If you like this post consider Subscribing to my full feed

Related Posts

10 Comments:

CyberCelt said...

Here from the Blog Village Carnival. Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all. I have not read all your posts, so I am not sure if you are from NYC. If you are you should visit New York Nitty Gritty blog at http://otilius.blogspot.com/

Oti takes some awesome pictures of NYC.

Barb said...

I'm here from the carnival. Great post about a good family time!

Unknown said...

I am visiting from the Blog Village Goes Gonzo Carnival, too!!! I want to go to New York City one day just to experience it!!

JAM said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip. That's cool you got the autographs too. I'd like to visit there, but so far, I've only flown over N.Y. and changed planes at JFK. That doesn't count though.

(I'm visiting from the Blog Village Goes Gonzo Carnival.)

Marshamlow said...

Hi, I too am from the carnival. I have always wanted to visit NY great pics, glad you had a good trip.

Heather in Beautiful BC said...

Sounds as if you loved NYC as much as I did on my recent trip :) So nice you were able to get your cd covers and program signed! Here via the carnival.

RUTH said...

Here from the carnival too. Sounds a great day Thanks for sharing it

Marion said...

How exciting! NYC is one of the places that is on my list to see!

Thanks for posting this!

Rosemary said...

I enjoyed seeing a tiny piece of NY through your eyes. It sounds like a great family time was had by all.

I'm here from the BLOG VILLAGE Family Carnival, too!

I don't think I would want to visit New York, unless someone was with me who was already very familiar with the city. It's too intimidating for my tastes.

LJP said...

Nice pics! What a great family trip!

here from the Blog Village Carnival

 
ss_blog_claim=8aa537ac7ff0a81d4291cbad07500687